Pelleted Chicken Manure
Pelleted Chicken Manure (PCM) organic fertilizer is a decent
source of nitrogen
(2-4%) and 100% organic. It also has small amounts of phosphorus
Making PCM entails composting the manure until the manure is completely
sterilized, which kills pathogens, viable weed seeds, salmonella, etc,
at temperatures above 158°F (70°C).
This manure is the richest source of nitrogen, phosphorus and
potassium of the animal manures.
- Used to increase green leaf growth
- Adds organic
matter that creates humus
- Soils with high pH
can be brought closer to neutral
- Can be used as a compost
- Improves soil structure
- Do not use around seedlings
- When adding to your garden as a nitrogen source, always
blend it into the soil (be aware of the strong smell)
Buy Chicken manure at Amazon.com
Return to Organic Fertilizers from Pelleted Chicken Manure Organic Fertilizer
Enjoy this page? Please pay it forward. Here's how...
Would you prefer to share this page with others by linking to it?
- Click on the HTML link code below.
- Copy and paste it, adding a note of your own, into your blog, a Web page, forums, a blog comment,
your Facebook account, or anywhere that someone would find this page valuable.